This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disk Mount Adaptor
Right, on the 5 I have these mounts:
resim
So, bearing in mind I want to put the SLX's on, with a 203 disk, which one would I need?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13747">http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=13747</a><!-- m -->
or
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13745">http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=13745</a><!-- m -->

For the Elixiers which are on atm, I would need the first one, but could I use the caliper with the second one too? Or would I need the 2nd one for the SLX's?
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Second adaptor is for IS mount forks & you have post mount forks.

I think both your SLX & Avids are post mount so the second adaptor (post mount to post mount 203) is the only one that'll do the job for either caliper with a 203 disk.
Right ok. What's confusing me is the SLX's were obviosuly on the GT, and that's not post mount... So was wondering if the caliper had to be a certain way or whether they fit either post or IS, and all that mattered if the adaptor.. But not sure.
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
&quot;Papa Smurf&quot; Wrote:Right ok. What's confusing me is the SLX's were obviosuly on the GT, and that's not post mount... So was wondering if the caliper had to be a certain way or whether they fit either post or IS, and all that mattered if the adaptor.. But not sure.

If the forks on the GT were IS mount & fitted with a post mount caliper then it must have had an adaptor like that shown in your 2nd link OR the SLX's are IS calipers in which case my original statement is tosh!

Maybe a piccie of your caliper is in order Undecided
SLXs are post mount as are fox forks you need a post to post adapter.
&quot;Buzz&quot; Wrote:SLXs are post mount as are fox forks you need a post to post adapter.

Ash has one that i gave him that wont fit his forks, Worth PMing him ?
Jon what hubs have you got? Rou was telling me last night that he had problems getting his floating rotors to work properly with his Fox forks and non Hope hub, which is a common problem apparently. He had to file the mount to stop the disc from constantly rubbing, but i can't remember which part he said he had to file though.
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:Jon what hubs have you got? Rou was telling me last night that he had problems getting his floating rotors to work properly with his Fox forks and non Hope hub, which is a common problem apparently. He had to file the mount to stop the disc from constantly rubbing, but i can't remember which part he said he had to file though.

He's got hope hubs hasnt he ?

IIRC it was with Avid juicy brakes and floating rotor was the problem,  The tabs on the pads of the juicy brakes catch and rub on the floating rotor bit
I'm runing Hope Pro 2's on the 5.