This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AutoCAD Question
I know im in the right place to ask this!

We have AutoCAD Architecture 2010 at work and I need to know if you can export a drawing to something such as visio so that it can have comments etc added to it?

Any help appreciated
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"treaclesponge" Wrote:I know im in the right place to ask this!

We have AutoCAD Architecture 2010 at work and I need to know if you can export a drawing to something such as visio so that it can have comments etc added to it?

Any help appreciated

We try to convert ours to dwf formats which are "over markable" & very usable with the use of a free download. Soooo much better than pdf's, the hard bit is to convince clients it is
I may not be right, but I think Visio can process DXF's so viewing should be easy enough.
Not familiar with Visio so can't comment on the actual commenting process.

Maybe explore Autodesk's DWF format.  Maybe the free viewer there allows commenting.

Most large organisations use the BIW or 4 Projects online info sharing systems, but this isn't practical for small projects & it's shite IMHO.

I tend to issue PDF's & get back scribbled on paper copies or scans - works very well Wink
Lagging - Sounds perfect. Got a link?

Tinc - From experience the free viewers barely allow you to print, let alone edit. They are literally viewers and nothing else.
"treaclesponge" Wrote:Lagging - Sounds perfect. Got a link?

Tinc - From experience the free viewers barely allow you to print, let alone edit. They are literally viewers and nothing else.

Err, Lagging & I are talking about the same bit of kit :o
How come his idea is better than mine Undecided Sad :'(
The free Autodesk viewer is called "DWG TrueView 2010", that is a free download from autodesk website. That will read files from autocad (obviously) and let clients turn layers on and off, also let you/the client print to scale. The info remains "vector" so is always clear no matter how much you zoom in.

The only tricky bit is convincing the client they need to download it. It is quite hefty I believe, around 100mb.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/...eID=123112
"Tinc" Wrote:Err, Lagging & I are talking about the same bit of kit :o
How come his idea is better than mine Undecided Sad :'(

Cause I said it first  Tongue

The creating of the filing is done in Autocad the same as pdfs.. just choose the DWF6eplot as your printer

Hers a link to the viewer program itself... I useAutodesk Design review 2010 & this is its link

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=12423405&siteID=123112">http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc ... eID=123112</a><!-- m -->
Cheers guys!

Sorry Tinc, Lagging was mysterious and said 'software' you specified it as a 'viewer'!

Thats my excuse and Im sticking to it!  Tongue
No doubt Im being a pratt but I cant see how to add a comment using this viewer. Any ideas?
&quot;treaclesponge&quot; Wrote:No doubt Im being a pratt but I cant see how to add a comment using this viewer. Any ideas?

Sorry mate only just seen this query. If its design review you;re using click on the "Markup & measure" tab. That will then drop down all the tools you require