This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kielder 100 mile MTB Race Sep 4th
Thanks to Morts mentioning this on another post, this seems like the Daddy of all races - 100 mile loop in & around the Kielder forest.  

Im sure there must be a few takers on here.  Im going to have a serious look & see if I can get there.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sip-events.co.uk/kielder-home.html">http://www.sip-events.co.uk/kielder-home.html</a><!-- m -->
I'm tempted!
if it was 5 miles and closer to home I might be and if downhill so I could roll it without pedalling
Derek.... only 75 out of 650 places were left on the 11th March.... if you are up for it then i'm in but we need to move fast.... booking that is... on the trail you move fast and i'll move....

Seriously i am up for it but would want to travel with one or two others to spread the cost as i'll be pretty skint at that point....

I have it in my xcracer account basket, just need the nod and i'll book my slot...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
I am up for it. Some may think i'd never make it but look what you get for your £50 entry:

Includes: race entry, Montane technical T-shirt, Accelerade energy drink and gels at feed stations, water stops, fruit and snacks at feed stations, Newcastleton hot food station, mechanical assistance around the course, goody bag, water bottles, finisher momento, post-race BBQ/food.

The offer of mechanical assistance is great as is food and energy supplies. If I enter my aim will be to just finish it.

I may have a new bike by then too!
Having read up on it, they have cut off times to reach the next stages, so if you drop back, then you can cut the race short.

Sounds good fun, way beyond my "tekkers" though.
Ladies & gentlemen - I have entered.

Nigel - Do it, we will get a van full.
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:Having read up on it, they have cut off times to reach the next stages, so if you drop back, then you can cut the race short.

Sounds good fun, way beyond my "tekkers" though.

Yeah a cut of at 65 & 78 miles. To do the 100 miles in 12 hours you have to moving at 7 minute miles. Even just entering to see how far I can get would be good fun.

I'll mull it over this afternoon. I'm 90% up for it though.

Nigel what would your aim, time target be?
I am entered..... no Ben... not in the prision talk way...

Don't know Ash.... depends on terrain....   give it a go mate, there will be natural groups develop as you go round.....
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Toying with the idea, I see to have lost my Triathlon mojo at the moment and cannot decide what I want to do this year, this looks good with a spare arse in my Camelbak and a leg-change every two hours. Undecided