This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Scandal: finishing touches
Morning All

Payday has finally arrived again so I can get the last couple of bits and pieces for my HT build  ;D  I have most components so I only need to get a headset, grips, gear cables and a square taper BB.  I was going to go for either a tried and trusted XTR cable set or if I pass a Halfords maybe the Clarkes set that Tinc suggested on another thread, a box standard Shimano BB and see what the lbs has as far as grips go.

As far as the headset goes I'm looking at around £20-25 and have been looking at this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=28122">http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=28122</a><!-- m -->

I had also thought about another FSA Orbit or a Cane Creek S3.

Any thoughts appreciated as always  Smile
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Cable : Go for Tincs suggestions : Clarks Premium Gear Cable Set  -£8.99  (I bought a set yesterday)

Grips : SuperStar Components Lock-on Grips - About £9 - Total bargain! lots of colours.
I'd looked at the Superstar grips only last night along with the seat clamps.  Then its just a matter of deciding on the colour which will kick my procrastination process in overdrive  :o
Was just about to suggest SS, having noticed they now do custom colour setups for £10, but you're already on it.
Here's a link anyhoo; http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_i...cts_id=325
Got the black SupaGripa setup on my Trek & love em mate!

Headset wise, I've always loved CaneCreek's mate, never had a single issue with my last bike's cane creek over 3 years & 3500 miles.

=== edit ===
Is this a ScandAL -Scandium Alluminium- framed beastie? maybe even the 29"er version I've read good bits about?
It is indeed a ScandAL but just the standard 26".  Very much looking forward to getting it up and running as the frame has been sat in a box for weeks now.

I found a Ritchey WCS Logic headset on t'bay for £12 which seems a bargain price but cant find any reviews for one.  Any thoughts  Undecided