This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike Insurance, the good, the bad and the ugly
I have bike specific insurance which is costing me the best part of £30 a month. I tried to cancel it today but was told that I cannot until the full year is up (in August). It does say this in the small print but I think its pretty bad form to operate in this way, I have never had any problems cancelling other insurance policies in the past, such as home insurance, musical instrument insurance etc.

Anyway it is with Cycle Guard so for anyone thinking about it make sure your circumstances wont change over the next 12 months before you take it out!

So after reading all the glowing reports on singletrack i got a quote from M&S, the cover is brilliant, buildings, contents, bikes (as many as you want up to £4K each) etc, everything for nearly £40 a month less than I was paying for my old home insurance plus the bike policy. Happy days.
Cool - I found sheilas wheels good value & am now with AA & they have been good for bikes also.  Some of the others either wont cover the cost of the bikes as they are too pricey or have crazy smallprint, or are just stupid expensive.
I may be wrong but I think Longjon's AA policy wouldnt pay out when his bikes were stolen.
That M&S policy looks good. I cant see any security requirements, which is where most policies prove problematic. Check your policy schedule Sailor just in case they try and slip some security requirements in there.
I'll be renewing the contents soon so will give this a look into, cheers for the heads up Smile
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Sailor. just read your post again. If they didnt explain to you at the outset that you were tied in for a year you should be able to wriggle out of it.
Alternatively tell them you dont have a bike anymore. I would say its unreasonable to not let you cancel if you have ntohing to insure anymore.