This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oldbury Hill and Surrounding Area (nr Sevenoaks)
I only realized today that i have done the Merryworth, Oldbury ride last year, i just didn't know where we were at the time. That was one of my favorite KT rides of last year. Looking forward to getting back there!
Had a very nice blast around Oldbury and along the Greensand Ridge earlier. No mud as such which just goes to show how well this holds up in heavy rain
We rode a new trail I cleared during the week which is fast flowing and a little scary in places.  ;D
And a second Sketchy rider has now very impressively concquered Treacles Climb. He is a shy retiring type so I will let bim decide if he can handle the adoration and hero worship this feat will bring if he reveals his lycra clad identity.
Its sandstone right? Surrey is pretty dry at the moment, no puddles but it was damp and very humid.

Do you have any gps routes of here?
Yeah. Exactly the same ridge of sandstone as Holmbury, Pitch and Leith. The difference is nobody rides here so erosion is non existent.
Funnily enough I was saying earlier that there are some great drops and steps for you and Mark to hurl yourselves off as Oldbury hill is very steep sided in most places. There are also some steep steps with a lovely switchback. I dont ride them but im sure would.
I dont GPS my rides as my phone is innacurate. And to be honest the trails are all so close a GPX would be hard to follow.
Im happy to show you around some time. I cant get any time off work though at present sadly.  Sad
Great write up Blackers, really enjoyed it up at Oldbury last time. Looking forward to coming back soon.
"UphillDownDale" Wrote:Great write up Blackers, really enjoyed it up at Oldbury last time. Looking forward to coming back soon.

Im a man blessed with lots of free weekends so throw some dates at me and i'll sort something out. You only saw a small part of the area that day so there is lots more to see.
"Blackers" Wrote:Had a very nice blast around Oldbury and along the Greensand Ridge earlier. No mud as such which just goes to show how well this holds up in heavy rain
We rode a new trail I cleared during the week which is fast flowing and a little scary in places.  ;D
And a second Sketchy rider has now very impressively concquered Treacles Climb. He is a shy retiring type so I will let bim decide if he can handle the adoration and hero worship this feat will bring if he reveals his lycra clad identity.

:o  :B   ;D   great ride this morning MrBlackers, legs and arms are tad scratched up at the mo... & Glen said he'll ride on Wednesday especially for you
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:[/b]

:o  :B   ;D   great ride this morning MrBlackers, legs and arms are tad scratched up at the mo... & Glen said he'll ride on Wednesday especially for you

Indeed. Good fun. The "self harmer" look is a small price to pay for that second run down the new yet to be named trail  Tongue ...is "Self Harmer" too controversial for a trail name?
I ride around the area fairly frequently and it's ace.

I'm heading out from outside the pub at Godden Green tomorrow at 9.30am if anyone wants to join a myself and a couple of others for a 3 hour blast or so.
"flipiddy" Wrote:I ride around the area fairly frequently and it's ace.

I'm heading out from outside the pub at Godden Green tomorrow at 9.30am if anyone wants to join a myself and a couple of others for a 3 hour blast or so.

I have plans tomorrow unfortunately.
Do you or any of your riding buddies ride a green Commencal by any chance?