This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trans-Savoire 2015
Just seeing if anyone got into this? had my email back sadly saying Nooooo! Sad got through the pre screening, but the say most entry's do. But they had hundreds apply for the 100 places on offer, so was a slim chance to begin with it seems, hoping others we know might have had better luck :?:
Unlucky mate, I spoke to Nigel about this and im sure he said if you volunteer to help you get a guaranteed place next year?? maybe worth looking into if you have the time off anyway and you would get a inside view of how it all works :ugeek:
Deadpool2e Wrote:Unlucky mate, I spoke to Nigel about this and im sure he said if you volunteer to help you get a guaranteed place next year?? maybe worth looking into if you have the time off anyway and you would get a inside view of how it all works :ugeek:

Good point Mr deadpool, but as I take my hat off and thanks to volunteers for giving their time up at races, I wouldn't be wanting to take a whole week off and pay the cost of getting that far for a whole week( I'm a bad bad man). people that are willing to do this deserve the places for sure. So think il just take me chances again next year maybe?
Deadpool2e Wrote:Unlucky mate, I spoke to Nigel about this and im sure he said if you volunteer to help you get a guaranteed place next year?? maybe worth looking into if you have the time off anyway and you would get a inside view of how it all works :ugeek:

I was going to enquire about this as I may be able to free up a week's holiday and I can't imagine it costing more than the flights over there. It would probably be a nice insight into what it's all about! 8-)

Still absolutely gutted about this. But i'm not surprised.

I've had a response from Mavic Trans-Provence and I have gone into the 2nd backup group which means 30 reserves would have to take up places before I get a chance! haha... For only 65 public spots (15 are pros) there were over 300 entries apparently! Confusedhock:
Slightly off-topic (Go Sketchy!) but my mate just yesterday tried to enter the Strathpuffer race, a January event on a snowy mountain in Scotland. It was sold out in 2 minutes flat. Who is entering these things? Chris Bonnington? Sherpa Tenzing? Yak-Herding Yetis?
Keep it foolish...