This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A fair swap?
Right so selling the GT is proving difficult, even lower models for about a ton don't sell.

I've been talking to someone interested in a swap for the frame & shock only... In return he'll swap me for this frame.

I think, but I'm yet to hear from him, that it includes XT HTII and XT front mech & Easton Seatpost.

The plan then would be to do this bike up with the bits from the GT, and if it's light and rides nice I may sell the Inbred frame and keep the bits spare as they're all pretty new.

This frame is 18"

And for those inevitably going to ask, nothing is wrong with the Inbred. I just can't seem to sell the GT so I figue swapping it for something more 'sought after' would be a good move. And if it comes out nice, may aswell swap it out for the Inbred. I like the Inbred, but it's not good off road, heavy and sometimes isn't that comfy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Looks old, prefer the inbred.

I personally wouldnt.
I thought you sold the GT on ebay? Inbred far better than that Scott...
That crankset isn't HTII!
It has an internal BB.

The Scott may be a fair swap for the GT, but it's not a replacement for the Inbred.
The swap does seem a little weighted in his favour as he gets an FS & you get a HT, but if you can't shift it then you've nothing to loose.

BUT, if the Inbred is "uncomfy" off road the Scott will rattle your brains out.
That's an ali HT, less pliant & lighter than the Inbred.  There is no reason in the world to think it will be more comfy than the Inbred off road.
Theres no front mech on it either.
As Tinc said the Scott will be way more uncomfortable and i noticed a huge difference between my old ally HT and the Inbred. I personally will not get another ally HT again.
That must  be a pretty low end scott frame John. It's not in the 'Scale' hardtail range, so that puts it in the £500-600 full bike area at a guess, ie no use for heavy (ie proper) riding. It'll prolly build up similar weight to the GT if we're honest, doubt it'll be under 30lb being optimistic.

Avoid Avoid Avoid !!
I'm not gonna go for it. Originally it was gonna be swapped for a new-ish trek something or other, but he decided he 'was keeping that'. I took one look at it and thought 'no' but good to ask to be sure.
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
You have a HT, you have a new FS - you want £$£ not someone elses crap.