This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin 800 shut down?
Morning all

Every time I turn my Garmin 800 on it loads up, displays the menu screen and then promptly shuts itself off.

The battery is fully charged and it has not outward sign of damage.

Has anyone had anything similar happen to them?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Yeah mine did that, done a firmware update and it was fine ever since. Mine needs a new screen now, the backlight has gone Sad
Ahh, hadn't thought of that :oops: Will give it try when I'm back home.
Believe the 800 exibits this behaviour if it's anywhere near full.
The update will delete your history, so may be curing the problem kinda backwards.
most advice says keep no more than a 8-10 ride history on the 800.
Worth trying before you update, even if it's to understand the issue.
Sorry Tinc, only just seen this :oops:

I have updated the firmware now but this hasnt resolved the issue which is a nuisance :|

EDIT: Just done a Master Reset which has sorted it Smile

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId=%7B38fcc6a0-cd2c-11e0-cf56-000000000000%7D">https://support.garmin.com/support/sear ... 0000000%7D</a><!-- m -->