This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin Edge 500
Having tried a cheapie alternative (£14 from Ebay) and thrown it in the bin i wandered even further into my overdraft yesterday and bought a Garmin Edge 500. It's the bundle one with HRM and cadence. I've already ordered 2 additional bike mounts from Garmin to use on my road bike and hybrid (i'm regularly doing 20 miles on the hybrid for commuting).

I'm going to put the one cadence sensor on the road bike as i view that riding as 'training' and want as much info as possible over long distances. My mtb ing i do for fun cause it is! (when i'm not getting plates and pins put in  Tongue) Does anybody think it's worth buying a cadence sensor for the mtb as well? I take it i'll get plenty info without it anyway?
I wouldnt personally bother with CAD for the MTB - being such a varied pedalling action due to varying terrain its not going to tell you an awful lot.

On a road bike though, where consitency is key and the terrain if obviously more or less the same - its worth having.
Cheers. That's thirty odd quid saved.
"NOT4ROADUSE" Wrote:Cheers. That's thirty odd quid saved.

Excellent. £30 to spend on something else then...an Ebay Camera ane Memory Card myabe?  Tongue
"Blackers" Wrote:Excellent. £30 to spend on something else then...an Ebay Camera ane Memory Card myabe?  Tongue

Ah - wise choice.

Maybe some elbow pads for those recurring falls?  Wink
Ha ha. Well overdue some knee pads too...
Cadence sensor could be useful if your racing. I'm thinking of getting one for my trip computer for the Keilder 100 and use in conjunction with my heart rate monitor, as I am clearly rubbish at pacing myself so hoping a few gadgets might prevent me dining 20 miles in.

You definitely need some knee and elbow pads Wink
"Treehugger" Wrote:Cadence sensor could be useful if your racing. I'm thinking of getting one for my trip computer for the Keilder 100 and use in conjunction with my heart rate monitor, as I am clearly rubbish at pacing myself so hoping a few gadgets might prevent me dining 20 miles in.

You definitely need some knee and elbow pads Wink

If you get hungry you get hungry andy ... Nothing can stop that Tongue
Stupid spell checker... you know what I mean Wink