This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Weald Sprint 4th April
Couple of vides from today. Cameras needing mounting a bit more securely but the airfield is so ridiculously bumpy its a joke, far more so than the shaking image suggests! The sound gets annoyed in them and goes up and down a fair bit, must be spiking it and its trying to adjust, normalising it didnt make much difference.

This was the quickest run, other camera had run out of space so front view only..

[media width=500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3n1QEFkHGY[/media]

A slower earlier run but with the other camera on the rev counter (delayed by a few hundreths from merging)

[media width=500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9HMzyOjLWI[/media]
Those poxy bumps!! >Sad
Looks fun! Wish I could afford to race my car as it was still pretty quick last time I drove it, but I cant even afford to run it on the road Sad
Nice one Breezer, I love the motorcycle type rev range  8)
So first outing for the Integra, how does it compare to the clio for class times / feel ?
World apart from the Clio for driving feel etc...Its a bit quicker but that place didnt suit it due to the bumps and low speed corners (lack of torque). The Clio there last year rode the bumps better. One of the guys I beat last year I did by about the same this time but he was on sticky tyres yesterday so based on that I went 2+ seconds quicker which is quite a margin, should be more at Lydden etc
Looks like you were caning it round Asda carpark...  Wink Might come see your Lydden event...
Keep it foolish...
Remind me not to let you borrow my car  Big Grin Big Grin
Why not, ive only crashed once in 42 events and that was 8 years ago. Ive done a number of events in other peoples cars lent to me, the only issue is when you beat the owner at the same event, doesnt go down well lol. If cars werent designed to go fast they would all have 30mph limiters on them  Wink
Its not the crashing, its the trashing
That place was ridiculously bumpy but no different to driving 10 miles on our pot holed roads Smile Engines are designed to be taken to their limits for 100k+ etc so no issue.