This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which type of roadie
Hybrid, cx or full on roadie, will be used for everything on road, popping to the shops, commuting, and lands end to john groats
full on roadie then.... mashleys selling one.....
cycle to work, £1000 voucher.

Carbon roadie, or alu roadie, camel back, accessories, and a tubo trainer?
"ianpinder" Wrote:cycle to work, £1000 voucher.

Carbon roadie, or alu roadie, camel back, accessories, and a tubo trainer?

carbn would be good, boardman roadie ideal.

that's reminded me of another question I have for tomorrow!
"BMJBOY" Wrote:carbn would be good

Ian can then join Russ, Mark et al with a broken frame. Get something tougher. Lands End and long multi day rides, overnight gear = extra weight = extra stress
Keep it foolish...
"BMJBOY" Wrote:carbn would be good, boardman roadie ideal.

Like diss...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
If your buying a boardman get new wheels straight away. The richey that are supplied with it are pants. Also only cones with compact chainset so go for something a tad bigger and work your legs. I have a boardman and have changed loads on it. Now it's a fantastic bike
Nowt wrong with my wheels, they are round and true and they keep the tyres on...
"MudMonkey" Wrote:Nowt wrong with my wheels, they are round and true and they keep the tyres on...

+1  I also have one - wheels have been fine.  Morts - what probs were you having or did you just want flasher ones?
Compact chainsets are too high unless going downhill or on flat with wind behind, need a triple for anything uphill