This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racing on sun the 11th
Muc off 8 hr enduro or SXC Wasing estate.

Anyone taking part this weekend?  Weather is good, ground ideal, just wondering?
Isnt this the one that was £40 or something stupid?
I have hockey
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
I have a leave pass for the muc off 8 hr enduro, so ill be trying it solo.  

Most ive done before was about 5 hrs so this will be a fine test.  Weather looks decent though & the ground should be good.  Its all timed & they have a downhill section that steve peat set the benchmark at 2.02.  He done it a month or 2 back when it was wet but still no one will get close I bet, you do the DH section each lap so I should get a few shots.

Anyway for me I want to see if I can do 8 hrs on the bike, goal is to get over 100km - we will see - ill report back.
Ignoring the fact it was £40? entries now closed on web site? Cant you just go to bedgebury and do as many laps as possible? Will cost less
I emailed them - I can reg as a single rider on the morning - do you fancy it?  Pick you up on route if you like.

£40 is a lot but 8 hrs, timed, works out at £5 an hour, its on the pippingford course which I thought was great so as the weather etc was all good.  Special DH timed stage per lap, muc off goody bag etc.  

Yeh who am I kidding - £40 is a lot but id rather do a few good events than a lot of crap(er) ones.  Hope this will end up being a good one.  
Thanks but way to unfit, POS bike is unrideable and im doing a demo day up Surrey. I am hoping to do the Souther XC race there in May though. Just done nearly 3 crippling hours on the 14" street bike including some off road. Got 60mm out of my forks, who needs long travel full sussers....
Have you seen this months MBR - your 514 gets 10/10 (ok 2010 model but still....)
Yes its being discussed in some other thread, rant one I think. They have tweaked it slightly. My specific FFS is aimed at stupid press in BB as not only does the new one make tons of noise but quite a few have cracked down there, a normal external BB would have made their and my lives so much easier!
Did you race?