This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wheel rim
As a couple of people know my front wheel pringled today. Going to take it to downlands next week to see if can be fixed but not holding my breath.

what tubeless rim do you suggest as a replacement my current rim is mavic 317 (non tubeless) current hub is hope 2 so will have it rebuilt I do mainly xc but Iam quite heavy.

I don't know much about rims so don't want to get riped off buying something I don't need any help greatly received.
Mavic 717. Take it to harry rowland to build. You won't get a better job done anywhere
717 isn't a tubeless rim. Stans no tubes 355 are supposed to be good or if you want a little stronger, try the Stans Flow.
Mavic 819
Or Mavic 819's, second that on Harry, he's a great wheelbuilder  his number is 01843 597443
"Maestro" Wrote:Or Mavic 819's, second that on Harry, he's a great wheelbuilder  his number is 01843 597443

where is he based
"Buzz" Wrote:Mavic 819
Yep i'd say 819's too, they are bloody strong. I bought mine from Mark and were still true after over a year of 7 foot drops and general abuse, although they need trueing now though.
"Maestro" Wrote:Or Mavic 819's, second that on Harry, he's a great wheelbuilder  his number is 01843 597443
How much dose he charge to build a wheel?
"leadbasher" Wrote:where is he based

Highfield Road in Ramsgate, Just down the main road to Ramsgate from Westwood Cross, opposite the speed camera is Highfield Road and his is the bungalow on the right before the first turning on the right
"Treehugger" Wrote:How much dose he charge to build a wheel?

£35