This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giant 4x4 required
As recently stated in another post i'm getting a second Akita. So with two large dogs i'm very reluctantly going to get rid of my much loved M3 and get something to cope with the hairy beasts (plus easily take a couple of mtbs  ;D). It's got to have a boot big enough for both the dogs so that the rear seats don't need to be folded down as when travelling up to Scotland that's where the luggage will go. And on that note it's got to be something pretty comfy like a Range Rover etc.

Only thing is i don't want to be spending much more than £13 to £15 grand. Any suggestions?

Top of the list at the moment is A Grand Jeep Cherokee 5.7L HEMI with LPG conversion. 2006 reg.
RR 2.5 TD ... saw one on ebay recently, ok miles, lowish price.
Disco 3
Man that 5.7L will still guzzle tonnes of LPG, even if it IS cheaper. 8-12mpg or something?
Surely a nice RR will better that?
Something like an L200 or Nivara with a double cab ?
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:Something like an L200 or Nivara with a double cab ?

I want a luxury type 4x4 not a spruced up van. Range Rover and Discovery both contenders but looking at several years older and much higher mileage than the Jeep. The one i'm looking at is £13495 2006 reg and 22,000 miles on the clock. It's about 20 mpg on the petrol and 36 ish on the LPG. I'm giving up my M3, i can't be TOO sensible.

Mercedes ML's are quite cheap but heard they can be unreliable... Test drive tomorrow so i'll see what it's like and just as importantly what they'll give me for mine.
L200 etc not long enough to get a bike in the back without removing a wheel and the rear "seats" are only of use if you have no legs
"NOT4ROADUSE" Wrote:I want a luxury type 4x4 not a spruced up van. Range Rover and Discovery both contenders but looking at several years older and much higher mileage than the Jeep. The one i'm looking at is £13495 2006 reg and 22,000 miles on the clock. It's about 20 mpg on the petrol and 36 ish on the LPG. I'm giving up my M3, i can't be TOO sensible.

Mercedes ML's are quite cheap but heard they can be unreliable... Test drive tomorrow so i'll see what it's like and just as importantly what they'll give me for mine.

Theres some bloody nice Nivara's around for 15K though Big Grin
I've got a 4.7 lt V8 GC running lpg, and can get 20mpg if good but 15 if heavy footed, only £35 to fill it and gets 270 miles to a tankfull, I sold a BMW to buy it and I love it to bits, plus it has the carrying capacity of a hearse. Had 5 adults and 4 dogs in it before no problems.
"Longjon" Wrote:I've got a 4.7 lt V8 GC running lpg, and can get 20mpg if good but 15 if heavy footed, only £35 to fill it and gets 270 miles to a tankfull, I sold a BMW to buy it and I love it to bits, plus it has the carrying capacity of a hearse. Had 5 adults and 4 dogs in it before no problems.

All dead?  :o