This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muc Off 8 enduro
Oh yeh - 8 hours on a bike as non stop as you can make it - great laugh...............not.

I really have not done anything as hard as this ever I don't think - physically wise anyway.  Would I do it again........doubt it.

As on another thread I lost my garmin GPS on lap 6, with hunting around for that & registering the loss etc that added time to my last 3 laps.

120 solos on the day, I came 22nd covering about 100km.  At the last point I saw my garmin somewhere on lap 6 I'd already climbed over 2500m.  Looking at the times I reckon fannying about looking for it cost me about 7 places, so would have been looking at about 15th.

The course was really tough, fast singletrack started fun & after hours just turned into holding on & hoping your arms didn't give up, absolutely everything hurt.  Muc off was the main sponsor & some of the course went through the deepest bogs, no way could you ride them so it was a case of bike over your shoulder & run/walk those bits, think they probably wanted the bikes as muddy as possible so they could display their brand in getting the stuff off.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Bonkers!

Great result, well done.
22nd with 3 laps off??....

Serious effort - nice one.

Shame about the Garmin though.  Sad
Great effort! Friend of mine binned his attempt at this after 6 hours because of the mud. He said it just got stupid and very very annoying!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Well done mate! 22nd is damb good considering, I would have liked to do it but at £40 thought it was a bit much.  Bummer about the GPS Sad
"treaclesponge" Wrote:Great effort! Friend of mine binned his attempt at this after 6 hours because of the mud. He said it just got stupid and very very annoying!

Dont blame them - I thought off binning it after the 1st lap, the track was either bone dry & fine or very deep mud, In a team you can handle it a bit as you have the legs for it & also can clean the crap off after your lap - as a solo you end up with a bike covered in clag.
Great effort, now just think, only another 60km on top of that for the ride round Kilder!!!
"redwinnie" Wrote:Great effort, now just think, only another 60km on top of that for the ride round Kilder!!!

I was thinking that at the time, took about 0.0000000000001 seconds to realise that if it was on that course I didnt have it in me to do another 60km, also the speed was too slow - I'd be bumped from the race.  So either I need to get fitter or the Kielder course runs faster.  (or i ditch the idea & sit at home with a beer)
Topman well done.

Gutted about the Garmin, did it just fall of? or did the cable ties break?
"dgw15" Wrote:I was thinking that at the time, took about 0.0000000000001 seconds to realise that if it was on that course I didnt have it in me to do another 60km, also the speed was too slow - I'd be bumped from the race.  So either I need to get fitter or the Kielder course runs faster.  (or i ditch the idea & sit at home with a beer)

lol. You finished the ashdown in what, 4hrs 20 or something, took me just over 6 hours.....glad im not going to kielder if you wouldnt even make the cut to get to the end!