This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Met Parachute
Anyone know a shop where I can get a Met Parachute from?
Don't wanna get it online....  I hate the waiting.  I wanna go try it in a shop, but don't wanna pay Halfords full price :o
CRC have a shop front?
Go and try it on at Halfords and buy from CRC...

The Parachute can be a bit uncomfortable, I found it seemed to press along the top of my head, I still had a couple of them though as they do offer confidence over a standard xc lid.

Just to mention its worth looking for a Casco Viper as they are streets head of the Parachute but are expensive and good second hand ones are rare as rocking horse poo...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
I repeatedly look at the caco viper but the £85 price tag plus £60 for the chin guard put me off.

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/14084/Casc...-Drop.html

The casco has a clip on and off guard, so easy to remove, where as I believe the met has screws so either on or off all day really (and is damn ugly and doesn't look like it gives half the protection).
The screws on the Met are big and can be undone with a coin if need be but you are right the Viper is streets better protection wise and i have the chin guard bungeed on my backpack on the long ups then bang it on for the downs....

A bit of luck is that my simple bite valve fits in the hole at the front of the Viper chin guard so i can drink easily with it on.... very handy
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Over the last day or someone someone... CRC or Wiggle have got them reduced down. I paid £75 for mine a month ago. Although I havent worn it riding just yet I found it very comfortable, but did take a bit of time to get the chin strap right. I believe the only difference between this years & last years are the colours. This years are matt, last years shiny. I went for the shiny & saved the money
Are wiggle still doing their Platinum Club discount?

Thats a good 15% right there if they are.
I've lost my eBay virginity :o
Fudges Cyclestore via eBay = £79.99 + £4.99 postage for a 2010 Met Parachute...  Job done.
Ordered this morning, 8am....  Just mailed that royal mail are on the way with it now :o
I just got one through work and find it good its a nice helmet, even tho the guy in the shop said you will look like a prick. Don't care it's my nugget at the end of the day
&quot;Kris&quot; Wrote:I just got one through work and find it good its a nice helmet, even tho the guy in the shop said you will look like a prick. Don't care it's my nugget at the end of the day

Haha great sales technique Big Grin