This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinc in NZ
Tinc came to visit me in NZ so the least i could do was to take him on a ride in Rotorua.

Pic 1: is Tinc at the entrance to the billy t track which leads into g-rock which leads into rollercaoster for close on 20 mins of prime downhill singletrack. Look at the gear he is in from the climb up and it will give you some idea how tough the climb up to the top is. (just noticed the pic is croped. He was in first and had been in the granny for quite a long while)

Pic 2: He is only infront of me because he is on my bike wearing my shoes and skid lid.

Pic 3: Another toughie. In rotorua you have to put in a bit of effort but its all worth it on the way down.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Surely thats not Tinc pushing is it????    :o

Mustve been steep to unseat him!

good stuff!

;D
Cool. I have a friend who is now in Nelson at the top of the South Island and he keeps on about all the new trail centre type places they are building near him!
Perhaps a sketchy trip out there is in order - I have a van, dont mind driving - is it further away than wales next month?
Actually closer  Big Grin

Well no.....talking 30 hours probably door to door with airport faffing. I went to see my friend when he was in Dunedin before. We went to Queenstown and there was tons of mtb stuff there up in the hills. I was getting seriously annoyed as there were also 13 different hillclimb venues within 30 mins of his house. For me its only a couple of tracks then all the hillclimbs are down the SW or up north!
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Surely thats not Tinc pushing is it????    :o

Mustve been steep to unseat him!

good stuff!

;D

:B Certainly is!  The cheeky Kiwi's throw in a short downhill then a tight blind corner then a short super steep climb on the ST to catch you out.

The big climbs up are just epic!  I have Garmin data for when I return Wink

PS Thourougly recommend Rotorura - best riding I've ever done ;D