This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sketchy Niche
It seems that the niche types of bike are passing Sketchy by on the whole. I know Giantalkili has a Singlespeed, and Breezer has a Unicycle...but does anybody here ride a....
- 29er
- 69er
- Fully Rigid
- Recumbant
I quite fancy trying a 29er at some point as im tall with long legs. And i would love to ride a fully rigid once again for old times sake.
Define fully rigid. The Breezer had rigid forks but a flexstem for the last year or so, normal stem before that for a couple. I would also like to try a 29er but only for normal xc rides, it wouldnt work on tight twisty DH stuff
"Breezer" Wrote:Define fully rigid. The Breezer had rigid forks but a flexstem for the last year or so, normal stem before that for a couple. I would also like to try a 29er but only for normal xc rides, it wouldnt work on tight twisty DH stuff

Ill allow felxstems as they are proper retro.  Tongue
From what I read 29ers handle pretty well once you get used to them. Ribble are selling off a basic Diamond Back Rigid 29er for about £260 at the moment. If I had any spare cash I would be all over one of those.
I might have a 29 er in the planning
"ianpinder" Wrote:I might have a 29 er in the planning

Nice! I may have to negotiate a go on that when its done....or is it a downhill project?
They will handle well and roll much better over bumps but wont turn as quickly, accelerate or be as responsive on the tight twisty stuff. My 24er (if thats right lol) is so fast to turn and and accelerate its mad but go over any sort of bumps and its all over the place
I have a rigid singlespeed. Though I did put suspension forks on to ride at thetford last week as when the trails are dry it is a bit too much hard work
"Blackers" Wrote:Nice! I may have to negotiate a go on that when its done....or is it a downhill project?

Sure probably won't be this year though, it also won't be a dh project, there is little point having 29er dh bike because the lose of agility will be too much
giant are protyping a 29er anthem, caught some pics on facebook.

wouldn't mind seeing what the fuss is about
I quite fancy a rigid 29er fixed singlespeed with mary bars .... Niche tastic !