This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wrist fracture
thought i better take my canyon out to check it was riding properly the evening before the calais ride. riding along alley needed to dodge a couple walking. that small pile of rubble should present no problem. fine it didn't but the couple of bricks/blocks the other side caught my front wheel and i went straight OTB. woman said that'll teach me for showing off. i agreed to the showing off part. rode off. next day got plaster cast in hospital.fractured bone in wrist near base of thumb can't remember which one, they mentioned which one it wasnt as well. next appointment 9th for assessment.

gutted no riding for who knows how long...
Doh, bad luck dude! We wondered where you were yesterday. It's probably the scafoid you've broke, did the same myself at the Bull Track a few years ago. Get well soon.
Yup, sounds like a Scaphoid. Although that's probably the one it wasn't as its unusual to cast it so quickly, they normally wait 10 days to confirm the X-ray.
Bad luck mate
Andy how did you do yours???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

hope your not out to long...
Oh dude that sucks. Heal up fast, and well done for doing rad tricks in front of people.
Keep it foolish...
Deadpool2e Wrote:Andy how did you do yours???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

hope your not out to long...
That start ramp was knarly dude! Big Grin
Thanks.
It's just a temporary cast and not a full cast. They'll decide if it needs a full cast on the 9th or if it only needs a splint.

This whole urban thing is taking a bit of getting used to.
Uhhh. Fed up of getting a lift to work everyday instead of cycling. Hate sitting in a car stuck in traffic... ...watching fair-weather cyclists ride past. Will be so glad to get back on the bike. Almost am ambidextrous with mouse now at computer. Walked the 4 miles home from work a few times. Did a five minute jog on one of the walks, and calves ached for five days after. Last Friday did two five minute jogs (with a minute or two between) and am not quite aching so much. Not sure if jogging on footpaths between fields is the best place to start but there's less people to see me and no traffic fumes. Ankles ached a bit. Jogging feels really hard work, but it kind of makes me want to get into it a bit.
sirromj Wrote:Uhhh. Fed up of getting a lift to work everyday instead of cycling. Hate sitting in a car stuck in traffic... ...watching fair-weather cyclists ride past. Will be so glad to get back on the bike. Almost am ambidextrous with mouse now at computer. Walked the 4 miles home from work a few times. Did a five minute jog on one of the walks, and calves ached for five days after. Last Friday did two five minute jogs (with a minute or two between) and am not quite aching so much. Not sure if jogging on footpaths between fields is the best place to start but there's less people to see me and no traffic fumes. Ankles ached a bit. Jogging feels really hard work, but it kind of makes me want to get into it a bit.
Are you gonna end up being another person giving up biking for running? Don't do it, you don't NEED to run the sodding London marathon!