This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snowdon.
Ok so having walked up to the top of Snowdon yesterday and seen Nigel, Jon and Andy make it up with their bikes I am determined to do it myself.

I felt ill Monday morning when I woke up and bottled out of the ride. I was gutted that I did, the elation on thier faces and the support that they got from walkers was amazing. I NEED to do it.

So i'm going to. On my own if I have too.

My plan is to drive up on a Saturday afternoon and stay over in a cheap, hostel, bunkhouse or B&B then get up early Sunday, ride and come home. and I want to do this before the Mega.

Anyone else want to do it with me?

Date and time can be agreed between us all.
Firstly - You shouldnt do it on your own, too dangerous IMHO.

I'll come for support, but I dont think its for me, so will offer snack-based support etc and let the train take the strain.

Perhaps ride Lllandegla before home or something.....  ;D
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Firstly - You shouldnt do it on your own, too dangerous IMHO.

I'll come for support, but I dont think its for me, so will offer snack-based support etc and let the train take the strain.

Perhaps ride Lllandegla before home or something.....  ;D

Having seen the number of people on the mountain yesterday, a Monday, I think on my own will be fine. There must be an information point somewhere that I can register the fact i'm going up?

Could possibly tie it up with something else but you know how knackering that will be!? Maybe as a warm up the day before?
Im in depending on date ! can do after about 2-4 weeks
You'll be going during the summer, so you need to be up and back before 10am I think Nigel said.

So you could be lying there for a few hours before anyone may find you.

At least if someone was with you, or at least in the area for support - you'll have a bit of backup.

I think camping as a near as would be the best bet - I noticed plenty if bunkhouses on that road to it too.

Infact, there was a hotel just opposite that station I believe.
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:Im in depending on date ! can do after about 2-4 weeks

Weekend of the 12th or 19th June would be good for me?
"mashley" Wrote:Weekend of the 12th or 19th June would be good for me?

You have a world cup party then dont you????
"BMJBOY" Wrote:You have a world cup party then dont you????

Oh yeah I do!!.......not the 12th then.

Just checked the 10am rule is correct. So it means a very ealy start.
"mashley" Wrote:Weekend of the 12th or 19th June would be good for me?

Do the mashup on 12th with me and ash then we can do snowdon on the 13th
"Si.Ozzy" Wrote:Do the mashup on 12th with me and ash then we can do snowdon on the 13th

Um, would of but its Engerlands 1st world cup game and as Ben reminded me, i have invited 30+ people round to watch it.