This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handlebar tape
I need to get new bar tape as the std tape is a) the wrong colour and b) too thin.
Any more experienced sketchyites got any recommendations? I've seen gel backed tape on ebay etc, is it worth the extra money etc.?
Specialized "Phat Tape" I think it's called.
You get little gel pads to stick to your bars then a padded tape to go over the top.
Not cheap but had mine for 5 years. Still stuck on there & still very comfy.  
The gel absorbs vibration so your hands don't have to.
Also provides a nice fat grip for confidence ;D
Cheers Tinc... it'd better be available in Yellow!

Good to know others think having something thicker to hold onto boosts confidence Undecided
MTB forum not road....I prefer thin grips as thicker ones give me far less confidence, even 2mm difference in diameter puts me off.
"Breezer" Wrote:MTB forum not road....I prefer thin grips as thicker ones give me far less confidence, even 2mm difference in diameter puts me off.

In correct section so P!SS OFF Tongue

You are obviously used to handling smaller objects...