This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marzocchi RC55 ti or Fox float 36 rc2.
Ok so think of some new forks but cant find many reviews on the Marzoc's has anyone heard anything much about them?
New MBR has the latest 140mm zochis whatever they are. Said they work quite well but still coil with air assist and limited choice of springs plus faffing like you have to full remove the rebound knob to adjust air pressure. Their conclusion was, heavier and dont work as well as 32's but who knows what the 55's are like...... 36's are a known quantity and should be fine as long as you do the foam rings, 2yr warranty in the EU on other bits.
Haven't tried the Zochis but the 55 range got a right slateing in all the reviews I've read, haven't read anything about this years though. My 36 Van's are fantastic though, but you've got to do some regular maintenance to keep them tip top, unlike me who now need new stantions :Smile
had my fox 36 rc2 floats now for a year and never had any problems.
"Breezer" Wrote:New MBR has the latest 140mm zochis whatever they are. Said they work quite well but still coil with air assist and limited choice of springs plus faffing like you have to full remove the rebound knob to adjust air pressure. Their conclusion was, heavier and dont work as well as 32's but who knows what the 55's are like...... 36's are a known quantity and should be fine as long as you do the foam rings, 2yr warranty in the EU on other bits.

Per MBR there's a 3 year warranty on all bombers so 55s covered by that

Weight of 55s still high even with Ti I've got old 66s which I had to buy in a hurry when bust other fork in alps  and they are good but very heavy, old 888s were also very heavy

On basis of 44 review verses 32 Float
there's a way to go for them
Andy , thats last years zoochis, this year they have gone back to open bath and are supposed to be much more reliable.

My 36s are under a year old and have slight stantion wear, if you get fox your have to keep on top of regular oil and seal cleaning.

Id be tempted to try the zoochis.
If the Zocchis of 2010 are anyhting like the Zocchis of old I would have a pair without hesitation. Zero maintenance forks and a pleasure to use. I did everything I could to ruin my old Bombers (never cleaned or serviced) and they still worked perfectly 8 years later.
Zocchi's get my vote to ... 3 year warranty with no set service intervals for it !
I run some zocchis on my ryhthm
Mm am quite tempted by the marzocchi as i still got a pair of old 2004 super t's and they are as plush as the day i got them them just weigh over 7lbs though!!