This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaft clamp
Anyone know where i can get one of these from?  Its described as a "shaft clamp" on the fox service website.  Google / screwfix / toolstation have come up with nothing.  Does it have a different name?  Its the bit of metal with round holes in that ists in a vice that i am after

Cheers
I have one what size do you need?
"leadbasher" Wrote:I have one what size do you need?

You star!  The shaft is about 8mm.  Where do you get them from btw?  Are they expensive?
Drill the right size hole through a piece of wood then cut it half.
Job done - not exspensive at all  Wink
"Tinc" Wrote:Drill the right size hole through a piece of wood then cut it half.
Job done - not exspensive at all  Wink

Big Grin Big Grin

This is how a scientists mind differs from someone mechanically minded - i hadn't thought of that!

Thanks fellas.  Will give it a go tonight and will get back to you if i still need to borrow that clamp Wayne
"pittgoat" Wrote:Big Grin Big Grin

This is how a scientists mind differs from someone mechanically minded - i hadn't thought of that!

Thanks fellas.  Will give it a go tonight and will get back to you if i still need to borrow that clamp Wayne

it's always the simple things that get overlooked Wink
Surely you've got one of these!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbinstitute.com/store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=30&category_id=10">http://www.bbinstitute.com/store?page=s ... gory_id=10</a><!-- m -->

only a $115 from the Barnett Bicyle Institute - its a steal.........................................
&quot;pittgoat&quot; Wrote:Big Grin Big Grin

Ahead of your next question:  If you discover that the wood won't hold your shaft tight enough, don't be tempted to just wind the vice up more.  Line your hole with a piece of old innertube - grip a plenty Wink
&quot;Tinc&quot; Wrote:Ahead of your next question:  If you discover that the wood won't hold your shaft tight enough, don't be tempted to just wind the vice up more.  Line your hole with a piece of old innertube - grip a plenty Wink

Who me?!

Thank you - advice taken and noted  8)
&quot;Tinc&quot; Wrote:Ahead of your next question:  If you discover that the wood won't hold your shaft tight enough, don't be tempted to just wind the vice up more.  Line your hole with a piece of old innertube - grip a plenty Wink

The innuendos possible from that statement......  :o