This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egypt
Anyone ever been to Egypt on holiday? Whats it like, where did you go?
kin hot & smells of camels. Never been myself but inlaws used to go ever year. Lots of places to visit but all entail long distant travel in not the most pleasant transport... & when you get there the locals smell worst than the camels. Saying that, they have been lots of times so cant be all bad. I think the way to do it is to get a good hotel.
last year to big hotel complex on red sea - great hotel and loads of security Taba Heights. drinks a bit dear but brillaint rooms plus loads of swimming pools. waiters a bit swarmy

went many years ago alte 80s and early 90s and did two nile cruises, pyramids, cairo luxor and aswan - good but see a lot of old temples. pyramids great but close to city
"mudhound" Wrote:last year to big hotel complex on red sea - great hotel and loads of security Taba Heights. drinks a bit dear but brillaint rooms plus loads of swimming pools. waiters a bit swarmy

went many years ago alte 80s and early 90s and did two nile cruises, pyramids, cairo luxor and aswan - good but see a lot of old temples. pyramids great but close to city

That statement sums up nicely why i'd look elsewhere......
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Wouldnt mind seeing the pyramids and going in them but anything over 20C and I hate it. Don't see the point in going on holiday then staying in a hotel resort?
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:Wouldnt mind seeing the pyramids and going in them but anything over 20C and I hate it. Don't see the point in going on holiday then staying in a hotel resort?

Me too about the pyramids. I like the heat. Stay at the hotel, to relax in the sun, swim in the nice pools and have a few drinks and basically not give a shit about anything else apart from those three things for a whole week.

So if not egypt, where would you go? less than a 5 hour flight outside of the euro zone?
I went to Eygpt in 2006, during the world cup. Sharm el shaik, stayed in a great all inclusive hotel. Had a fantastic time. Food great, beer great, weather great loved every minute of it. The red sea was better for snorkelling than the maldives. It was cheap, I think £700 for 2 weeks all inclusive.

As for the pyramids, Cairo is the biggest shitte whole of a city that I have ever been to. Fortunately from Sharm you can do day trips very long and quite expensive (0530 till 2200 and about £150) but easily the best way to see the pyramids without having to spend to long in Cairo. Our trip included, flights from sharm.

If you want any more info just message me about specifics. I think some friends of ours went to the same hotel, on our recommendation, earlier this year and really enjoyed it.
I've spent 1 1/2 months out of the last 16 there.

Both times for the whole of Janruary, in Janruary it is hot, 28-36 and that is there winter, stayed in 2 very nice hotels in Sharm.

TBH it is your usual sea holiday destination. The locals rip you off and stare at all the women, the food is the usual buffets obviously the quality depends on the hotel, most of them have an evening bbq to. The sea is warm and clear. Bring a book, last time I got through 20 in a month. Went to the pyramids, I did it the cheap option 2am-1am by coach, £40 including a river boat on the nile and entry to the pyramids and egyptian museum.

Was better then cyprus.
I was also thinking of a family visit there so if any of you can recomend a hotel then post the name up pls.

thanks.
&quot;redwinnie&quot; Wrote:I went to Eygpt in 2006, during the world cup. Sharm el shaik, stayed in a great all inclusive hotel. Had a fantastic time. Food great, beer great, weather great loved every minute of it. The red sea was better for snorkelling than the maldives. It was cheap, I think £700 for 2 weeks all inclusive.

As for the pyramids, Cairo is the biggest shitte whole of a city that I have ever been to. Fortunately from Sharm you can do day trips very long and quite expensive (0530 till 2200 and about £150) but easily the best way to see the pyramids without having to spend to long in Cairo. Our trip included, flights from sharm.

If you want any more info just message me about specifics. I think some friends of ours went to the same hotel, on our recommendation, earlier this year and really enjoyed it.

What was the name of the hotel Wayne?