This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBH Rides RANT
People,

I don't often throw my toys out of the pram, but enough is enough! >Sad

As per previous agreement, hence this Regular Blue Bell Hill (BBH) Weds Ride the Regular Sketchy Ride starts at LLC at 7pm.  It's billed as a relaxed pace ride & suggests people check the rides section for specific weekly arrangements.

Can't see that we'll attract many new faces on the basis of this weeks specific postings Undecided

The "Rides" section exisits for the arrangement of any number of other rides that could be on Weds at 7pm or any other time people feel inclined to ride.

I'm posting this as we are supposed to be a collection of like minded, welcoming and organised MTBers.  For all we know there could be 25 new riders waiting at the LLC at 7pm whilst we are riding around in circles several miles away trying to work out which way to go.

I appreciate that variety is the spice of life and people want to ride from other places, but the BBH ride does vary it's route regulary & we often meet regular Sketchites on route via arrangement amongst ourselves.

If we need to chage the start point fine, but it needs to be regular.  The LLC was selected for very good reasons not it's proximity to peoples homes.

These are my views -flail me if you wish, but the current air of confusion & infighting does no Sketchite any good.  Before long Sketchy will be referred to as "that moaning collection of school girls."

Mods - feel free to lock, delete, agree, bar etc... as you see fit Wink

Wanders off forlornly to collect ejected toys........... :'(

[MOD]moved to keep the Rides section a bit cleaner....    p.s.  agreed ^^^^[/MOD]
Agreed. You cant please everyone but you have to suit the majority.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Very well said Tinc. That crud eariler was an embarassment. Bring back the spirit  of "the night of the missing rider"! Smile