This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Shox Ario and Monarch service
Probably covered in the forks link to the technical documents but this is a nice guide with photos from Bikeradar

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/articl...ocks-26080

Note: DUMP THE AIR FROM THE SHOCK FIRST
I saw that yesterday and thought it looked quite easy. May give it a go one day.
By coincidence Fishers have just repaired a faulty air valve under warranty on mine...1 week turnaround and it was actually 2 months out of warranty....good service. Picking it up later for Halfords Dorking.
I got my bike back tonight with the repaired shock. Being a little dim when it comes to things like this I didnt bother to look closely at it until I got to Holmbury.
When I went to set up the sag I stuck my normal 90psi in and it sagged to 60%. I stuck a little more in and got little improvement. In the end I stuck 155psi in and it was about right. Then I noticed that my Monarch 3.1 now has the can from a Monarch 4.2. But the top part with knobs is from is from my original shock so no lockout still.
It rides fine. But wtf? Do I now have a better shock?
Ill be phoning Fishers tomorrow to ask but in the meantime I thought I would seek some Sketchy opinions...