This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintenance Help
This is an appeal to any kind hearted souls out there who are willing to give me a hand sorting out my bike. It sounds like its been oiled with sand and I need to strip down various bits of it to clean properly and then reassemble safely! The headset sounds like the worst affected area but also I would like to check the sus linkages, BB and cassette. I will supply beer and cake obviously and be taking in-depth notes so that I can finally sort myself out for a change!!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Would love to mate, but Im just sh1t out of time at the moment and for the close future......  :'(

Some fettling in a shed sounds like heaven to me at the moment...... I miss it.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Would love to mate, but Im just sh1t out of time at the moment and for the close future......  :'(

Some fettling in a shed sounds like heaven to me at the moment...... I miss it.

Lol, if I had a big enough shed Id love to get out there too! I have plans for the summer but right now Im stuck in the lounge!
Can I come and watch? I'll bring cakes. I need to do mine at some point so could do with pointers etc...
The more the merrier assuming the assisting party has room to accomodate. If not you are welcome to come and stand in my lounge and help me screw it up!!
You;ll be fine - as Ive said many times on here, YouTube is your friend..... and google...... and Tinc.

Tongue
I'm doing mine tomorrow and your welcome to join me (ashford), mike has leant me torque wrench so planning to strip it all down and fit cobra too. Will be morning until half twelve
I work on my bikes in the kitchen and lounge, best place to do it, warm, food, tv etc, having a tiled floor helps when you spill suspension fluid though...
"Si.Ozzy" Wrote:I'm doing mine tomorrow and your welcome to join me (ashford), mike has leant me torque wrench so planning to strip it all down and fit cobra too. Will be morning until half twelve

Some of us have real jobs...  Tongue

Only joking mate, thanks for the offer but I will be stuck at work be unproductive

Torque wrench is a good idea though... hmmmm!
I work on my bikes in the kitchen and lounge, best place to do it, warm, food, tv etc, having a tiled floor helps when you spill suspension fluid though...