This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toasty car
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/17/video...#continued

[media width=500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVI4OR2_kOI&feature=player_embedded[/media]
Jeezus!! He did amazingly well to get outta that undamaged :o
Lucky idiot... or the on-boad extinguisher was not working... unbelting and jumoing out is not smart... may be uncomfortable for a while in the smoke & heat etc but better than being run-over/trapped by the burning wreck... that's why we wear 3 layers of nomex.
Having had the pleasure (:o) of spending some time in a burning car, although it certainly wasn't a Lotus, I can sympathise with his desire to get out quickly, however I did manage to park mine out of the way & retreive my lunch box from the back seat before settling down on the kerb across the road to watch the show 8)

I think the fire brigade reached me quicker than they did him :Smile
Doesn't LOTUS stand for

Lots
Of
Trouble
Usually
Serious

?
"Morts" Wrote:Doesn't LOTUS stand for

Lots
Of
Trouble
Usually
Serious

?

Big Grin Big Grin
...also

Loads
Of
Taped
Up
Sh1t

All of which is a bit unfair, my friend and colleague here has recently purchased an Exige and it's lovely.. very well built, nicely trimmed, comfortable and quick... just wish she'd let me drive it Big Grin
Had a Lotus Excel years ago, it was very old.  Door fell off once and the engine blew twice.  Cost me a fortune but I had some fun  8)