This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Air Con
Right - first problem on the Galaxy, Aircon is now almost non-existant - just blowing "air temperature" air...

Not nice today when collecting a supplier from the station in my "Greenhouse-axy"

So - do I take it to a kwik-fit type place for a re-gas and cross my fingers, or am I looking at enforcing Mr-Warranty into action....?

Im reading some normal stories, and some horror £1k fix jobbies.........  Sad

I dont like the heat........ which is why I dont work in a kitchen.
Try a re-gas first mate.

I had to have my air con unit replaced for about £700 some years ago. Dont work now so just open the windows.... Wink
Theres a few receipts here for a pipe and regass etc - will check the date(s)

Im learning that the Galaxies are proned to it.

For £700, Id rather open my 6 windows...........  Wink

Mind you, I have the warranty and aircon pump is covered! However, fighting for it is another matter.
Private dealer warrantys are worth jack. 95% of the time it will be a pipe or the condensor itself thats gone. If a regas wont hold pressure they inject a die as well so you can spot where the leak is.
What year is your car and what gas does it have in it....   i may have some in the lock up and i have a couple of adaptors for charging car systems...   if i have the right adaptor and gas i'll give a blast for you...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
I'm fully expecting warranty hassle, I know they ain't worth the paper they are written on half the time.

I'll ring them tomorrow first to see what my options are.

I've found a local mobile regasser, he also does leak tests. will ring him too for a quote.
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:What year is your car and what gas does it have in it....   i may have some in the lock up and i have a couple of adaptors for charging car systems...   if i have the right adaptor and gas i'll give a blast for you...

2003 and no idea on gas.

I can get an automotive chap to take a look nige'. thanks for the offer though.
Give me a shout mate...   i'll see what i've got and let you know
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Odd that it was ok when you tested it before buying and has just suddenly died. I think they have all used the same gas for 10+ years, you can even get kits in Halfords but if Nigel cant help then go to somewhere to do it who wont charge you any/full amount if it has a leak
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Give me a shout mate...   i'll see what i've got and let you know

You can do mine as well if you want Wink