This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New respect...
...for the downhill guys!

After sessioning (some) of the "secret" Maidstone downhill with Jon, my arms are well and truly tired after hauling my bike up to the top!
+1.

This stuff is WAY out of league for most guys on here, but the known DH wippets will certainly enjoy a run or 2.
It's nice and steep, it has drops, jumps and very tight berms.

All in all very well built, hasn't been used for a while so in need of a clear up and abit of work, but once that's done, definately worth a visit/session.

(But pushing up is truly exhausting)
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Different muscle use so a good work out. Ive racked up 12 miles at Rotherfield before just doing the <3minute runs then walking/riding back up. Would be interested in checking this place out at some point if some of the runs are rideable without having to do big jumps/drops
Where abouts is this secret one then?
Most of the runs are rideable, but only at a decent pace if you learn the way quickly.. There is alot of choices!

It even has a evil rocky descent with a 4ft drop straight into a non bermed corner...
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
&quot;Papa Smurf&quot; Wrote:This stuff is WAY out of league for most guys on here.

Thats a bold statment Jon. Some of us on here are pretty mean on DH runs. If you care to enlighten us to the location I'm sure we'd all be up for "having a go"
Theres no point in telling us the location, as you told us its out of our league, not that you have ever ridden DH with us....
&quot;mashley&quot; Wrote:Thats a bold statment Jon

+1 ... Ill be up for giving it a go
&quot;mashley&quot; Wrote:Thats a bold statment Jon. Some of us on here are pretty mean on DH runs. If you care to enlighten us to the location I'm sure we'd all be up for "having a go"

That's why boys and girls, I said 'most'.

But if you wanna assume I'm saying it's above ALL of you then go ahead, bothers me not.

Though if I was to say all, which if you READ what I said, I'm not, then why would I even bother telling anyone about this place and saying it's worth a visit/sessioning?   Undecided
Id like to have a go if you could pin point a location please.