This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear pivot on Sumpy FSR
I treated the stumpy to a new set of Fire XC Pros tonight and gave it a wash to celebrate

Unfortunately whilst cleaning the rear suspension arms near the rear mech I noticed quite a bit of play in the pivot bushing (bearing?)nearest the mech on the RHS  Sad
Has happened recently as Tinc checked them all for me when I bought the frame last November

Not sure whether to go to LBS and get them to change all (cost?) or have a go myself.
Anyone know whats involved / any special tools needed?
£40 kit from BETD & 2 hrs will change every bearing on it matey.
Special tools will include a hammer & a drift Wink
BETD linky
I'm not 100% sure the bearing kit includes for the shock bushes but I could be wrong..
Cheers Guys I will check our the kit Smile

Got the XC pros on your recomendation Blayne, thanks
No problem, I've always got on well around BBH with them
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:I'm not 100% sure the bearing kit includes for the shock bushes but I could be wrong..

Kit doesn't do shock bushes. Just bearings.
We're talking horst pivot here I think - where the chainstay joins the seat stay, right?

Have a look here select FSR manuals & then the year of your bike & download the manual.
There'll be a exploded diagram in there that makes all clear.  Wink
Yes its the Dropout Hurst Pivot (No 6 in the diagram)

I found an kit supplier on ebay a little cheaper <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Specialized-Stumpjumper-bearing-kit-2004-2006-120-/140401917469?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item20b09b3e1d">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Specialized-Stump ... 20b09b3e1d</a><!-- m -->

I have a little problem in that my frame is an 07 Stumpjumper FSR but neither company list a kit for an 07 Undecided I am wondering if that is because its the same as an 06? I will check the manual to see if it looks the same!
&quot;Abzz&quot; Wrote:Yes its the Dropout Hurst Pivot (No 6 in the diagram)

I found an kit supplier on ebay a little cheaper <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Specialized-Stumpjumper-bearing-kit-2004-2006-120-/140401917469?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item20b09b3e1d">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Specialized-Stump ... 20b09b3e1d</a><!-- m -->

I have a little problem in that my frame is an 07 Stumpjumper FSR but neither company list a kit for an 07 Undecided I am wondering if that is because its the same as an 06? I will check the manual to see if it looks the same!

Be careful with the eBay link Abzz. All bearings are not equal & cheap bearings are just that. The eBay place has no reputation to protect or come back if you're not happy.  Once you paid postage you gonna save about £6. That'll soon be eaten if you have to buy another kit 'cause the cheaper ones don't last.

On terms of the bike year the diagrams for each year will provide bearing numbers. Just comare those of an 06 Fsr with say an 08 & I'm sure you'll soon tell what's what.

If that makes no sense let me know & i'll have a look Wink
+1 dont go for cheap bearings.. BETD are arguably the best. Let me know the kit number & I'll get you a price from BETD & see if we can save you some cash
While you are asking Blayne - could you find out what discount you can get on a Whyte quad link kit?  The same kit should fit all years bikes and is £60 on Tinc's link