This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I do
About two years ago I bought a Blackburn Neuro 6 cycle computer... about £120 worth feeling quite pleased in knowing that it comes with the "No quibble life time repair of replace warranty offered by Blackburn.
Anyway, its gone wrong so I spoke to Madison (it seems the sole UK importer) who said send it back to them via Halfords as they were the nearest place to me who deal with Madison. I must say Halfords have been faultless, they knew the score right from the beginning that the unit wasn't bought through them as they have acted without question.

So after 2 weeks I call Halfords to see how its getting along. They refer me to Madison with all the info I would need. Madison said that they have  now refunded £69 directly to Halfords HQ (which was the price Halfords would of had to pay for it) & it would be upto me to try & get the money off Halfords.
Went into Halford branch over the weekend & they advise that they couldnt issue me with any form of refund cash or voucher as I hadnt bought the product from them & it needs to be thrown back at Madison to deal directly with me. Halfords called about an hour ago & said I have the following options

Take the lesser specced Version 5
Have the origianl broken unit back & prehaps try direct with with Blackburn USA
or I could pursue the original £69 offered & try to get that sent to me somehow.

My gut feeling is to cut my losses, take the £69 & not buy Blackburn again, but the stubborn me says pursue it with Head Office Blackburn..

Whatcha think I should do.  Undecided

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.blackburndesign.com/support.html">http://www.blackburndesign.com/support.html</a><!-- m -->

I say stand your ground for the time being. If its a repair or replace warranty press them to do one or the other.
Do you still have your purchase receipt and the warranty?
&quot;Blackers&quot; Wrote:I say stand your ground for the time being. If its a repair or replace warranty press them to do one or the other.
Do you still have your purchase receipt and the warranty?

I could probably dig around & find the receipt.
Who did you buy it from originally. That is who you should contact as they have a responsibility to handle the matter for you.
Failing that I reckon an email to the parent company in the US, copied in to the UK distributor explaining how you are a loyal customer but feel cheated would do the trick.
I would also cut Halfords out too. They may be helpful but they have no vested interest or legal responsibility.
&quot;Blackers&quot; Wrote:Who did you buy it from originally. That is who you should contact as they have a responsibility to handle the matter for you.
Failing that I reckon an email to the parent company in the US, copied in to the UK distributor explaining how you are a loyal customer but feel cheated would do the trick.
I would also cut Halfords out too. They may be helpful but they have no vested interest or legal responsibility.

Bought it originally off the internet somewhere so wouldn't even know if they still exist. I think an email to Blackburn USA to see what they say
Thats a pretty poor showing all round really, I say take umbrage and email Blackburn USA.  Power to the people and all that  Wink
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
I have only ever had to warranty three things, two of the three companies I had to deal with were helpful and made the whole thing a speedy painless process, then there was Madison!
take the lesser spec version 5, save the hassle.
Keep it foolish...
Poke them with sticks, its the only way to be sure  ;D
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Package the faulty computer up, send direct to BlackBurn UK and tell them to deal with it.

Badger them, phone them while they sleep.