This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kielder training ride, Sat 26th June NDW
All welcome but going for a long distance ride in aid of Kielder training.  Pace will be as quick as we can maintain - so realistically not all that quick  Big Grin

I'm thinking start in Otford or nearby and ride the NDW as much as possible back to Canterbury.  Was 60 odd miles IIRC when we did it last year but we missed some ST near the start by all accounts

Will be a mid morning start and should take us well into the afternoon to finish

Roll call:

Pittgoat
Treehugger
Si.Ozzy
TYTK
Is there any bits of the NDW or SDW that you cant cycle?
I'm definitely in Smile

Si- Just get the train. Thats why we picked Otford last time because it is the furthest point away where we could easily get there by train.
"dgw15" Wrote:Is there any bits of the NDW or SDW that you cant cycle?

SDW all bridleway

NDW is a mixture of good bits and less good  bits -roads and tracks from east of detling to charing way all OK on pilgrims way, not sure if NDW jumps up hills etc and becomes footpaths in places
What is wrong with you people?!!!!!!!!! >Sad

Why, oh, why, oh, why, oh, why do you insist on organising rides when I'm busy :'(

I'm gonna start adding my personal appointments to the sketchy diary. ??)

Yours....

Frustrated of Chatham

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(See ya on the July version!)
"Treehugger" Wrote:I'm definitely in Smile

Si- Just get the train. Thats why we picked Otford last time because it is the furthest point away where we could easily get there by train.

Yeah ill probably do that. If you guys are riding to Canterbury i might drive to Canterbury to catch train from there with whoever else is going. That way i can drive home at the end of the ride when i cant feel my legs anymore  :'(
"dgw15" Wrote:Is there any bits of the NDW or SDW that you cant cycle?

Mudhound has it spot on.  SDW can all be ridden, NDW has some bits that need linking up by road.  I think it was Mudhound that suggested some singletrack we missed on the more westerly sections last time

Si - sounds like a good idea there.  I'll look nearer the time but we may even be able to go further West than Otford
do you have a route planned would like to join you part of the  way
I will have on-loan GPS capability courtesy of Mr Lightyear  8)
"Breezer" Wrote:Or the one Blackers has planned round Mereworth etc on the same day  :Smile

Which isnt exactly going to be Kielder Training pace to be honest. That said if you are doing the NDW from Otford and plan on crossing the Medway at Aylesford you could meet us at Mereworth which is very close by. I could then lead you over to the best route back towards BBH. We can all clap you off to get you in the mood for Kielder!  Tongue