This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kielder 100
Oi oi!

That was complicated but I have made some bookings.  I’ve put an lot of effort into this so if it isn’t satisfactory you can jog on Wink  Big Grin

Friday night, 3rd Sep, rooms booked for Mashley, Treehugger, DGW15, Longjon, Trees and myself:

One twin room at the Black Cock Inn, Falstone.  It is about 15 mins from Kielder Castle where we will need to be on Friday evening and Saturday morning.  Ã‚£40 per person including a packed breakfast.  Lockable bike storage.  I will take one space here and someone else can have the other.  If I end up taking my car then whoever travels with me should probably stay here too.  They haven’t taken a deposit (balance on arrival) and are now fully booked

Two twin rooms at the Cheviot Hotel in Bellingham.  About 30 mins from Kielder Castle but honestly it is as close as I could find without going through Kielder and out the other side (i.e.Newcalsteton).  Ã‚£35 per person including a packed breakfast and they too have bike storage.  I have paid £10 per person deposit so for those that have asked me to book could you PM me about sending me some money.  The rest of the balance is payable on arrival.  They have more rooms available if people want to book them – 1 twin at £35pppn, a single at £38.50, 2 doubles at £48 single occupancy and a family room.  01434 220696.  I think they have spaces on Saturday too but I’m not sure…

Saturday night, 4th Sep, room booked for Mashley, Treehugger, Longjon, Trees, MBNut and myself:

One 6 bed dormitory at Kielder youth hostel (they were fully booked Friday night).  Much less travelling so means we can have a beer to celebrate / commiserate the day.  Price is £23 each including buffet breakfast.  It will be basic but will do the job.  They were actually fully booked so the guy did us a favour in letting us have a female room as I promised we would fill it.  I have paid a deposit so for everyone above I will need another £10.  They have literally just a few more spaces so if anyone else wants to stay here move quickly. 01434 250195

Other options for anyone without a place to stay are the overspill campsite at Kilder (first come first served, no idea on price, guy was really pretty vague but was adament he would not accept large tents) or Newcastleton

Hope that is pretty clear but I can clarify anything if needs be.

Now to think about travel.  Anyone able to give me a lift for good petrol rates?
Cheers goat/nick?, Thanks for sorting this out.  Womens' room in the YHA!! :o  
Will make arrangement to pay you ASAP.
Well done Nick. Great work, Thanks.

As always I don't mind driving. I'll have three spaces but cant fit 3 people and 3 bikes?

Can I baggsy the twin room with you then?
Just seen this after your PM Ash - shotgun a space in your car if you want to shotgun the space in teh Blackcock twin room!

Just out of interest do we have a final roll call?

Pittgoat
Mashley
Treehugger
Trees
Longjon
DGW15 (might already be up in Scotland)
MBNut
PapaSmurf?
Davidoff?
Anyone else?
Yep I'm in, and seems I have no accomodation, nor a way of getting there
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:Yep I'm in, and seems I have no accomodation, nor a way of getting there

keep you knickers on! I dont think anyone sorted travel yet  Tongue
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:Yep I'm in, and seems I have no accomodation, nor a way of getting there

See original post in this thread for accommodation info for those that didn't get back to me in time.  Had to move quickly as spaces were limited.  You'll get something if you move fast though
Thanks a lot Nick, i'll chuck you some money as soon as I'm able to.

I will need a lift too please Wink
Good stuff thanks Nick....

Travel I will have to sort out nearer the time as I have lots on around then....
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Cheers Nick for all the effort here.  Ill paypal the dosh later today.  As for travel, I may be up there the week before so cant commit to anything regards that at the moment.