This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel issues
Took my 3 month old wheels to my LBS today for tightening and truing. They said they really need a rebuild! The front looks ok so not to worried, the rear has actually come back worse then when I dropped it off!

I'm pretty miffed, they said they had a go at the rear but didnt have a 12mm adaptor so just did what they could, the rear was actually ok'ish, and i only wanted a general checkover. The front is bang on but apparently there is no more adjustment left on it.

So looks like i will have to try and find another shop that can sort the rear, anyone recommend any in or near canterbury?
Where did you get them from?  That's appauling in 3 months
came with the bike. Mavic 321 on pro II hubs.
Any warranty on them?
little chance of a warranty on wheels not running true.
All new wheels need retensioning after the first couple of rides else they will be weak forever. Couple of quid on a spoke key (came free with my bike), one cable tie round the frame, few minutes later, sorted..
Activ in Folkestone did mine last time and pretty pleased, they trued and replaced bearings for £10 per wheel.