This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surrey League Summer Off Road Series @ PORC 2010
FOUND THIS ! GO TO <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.surreyleague.co.uk/news/porc2010.htm">http://www.surreyleague.co.uk/news/porc2010.htm</a><!-- m --> FOR MORE INFO

For the first time the Surrey Cycle Racing League will be running an off road series as part of its league structure.

In conjuction with Penshurst Off Road Club the series will run for 10 weeks from Wednesday June 2nd until Wednesday August 11th (no event on July 7th).

There will be two races each evening, the first at 18:30 for Youth riders and the second at 19:15 for Senior/Junior/Women/Vets.  Riders can ride cyclo-cross bikes or mountain bikes.

Prizes will be in the form of Surrey League points and will be paid out at the Surrey League prize presentation in November.  The Surrey League points will also go towards an Off Road Ranking and the Surrey League Overall Individual and Team Rankings.

How to get to PORC
From the M25
Turn off at J5 (A21 Sevenoaks/Hastings)
Take the A26 (Southborough/Tunbridge Wells) Follow this uphill.
Take the B2176 (Penshurst) On the Right.
Follow into Penshurst. Pub on your left
Leave Penshurst on the B2188.
Past a small garage on the left, over a narrow bridge.
Take the next right (GROVE ROAD)
PORC is up the hill on the left.

From Tunbridge Wells
Take the A264 (East Grinstead)
Turn Right on to the B2188 (Fordcombe / Penshurst )
Follow downhill through Fordcombe and continue for approx 3 miles.
Take the left turn signed VINYARDS (this is Grove Road). This is just before a narrow bridge. If you get to Penshurst Village from this direction, you’ve gone too far!
PORC is about 1 mile up Grove Road on the left.

Penshurst Off Road Club
Grove Road, Penshurst
Kent TN11 8DU
XC or DH ?
&quot;Morts&quot; Wrote:There will be two races each evening, the first at 18:30 for Youth riders and the second at 19:15 for Senior/Junior/Women/Vets.  Riders can ride cyclo-cross bikes or mountain bikes.

IM GUESSING XC DUE TO THE CYCLO-CROSS COMMENT
&quot;TooYoungToKnow&quot; Wrote:XC or DH ?

As it allows cyclo-cross bikes I would imagine XC unless there are some incredibly brave people out there...
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
&quot;Morts&quot; Wrote:IM GUESSING XC DUE TO THE CYCLO-CROSS COMMENT

Doh ! No need to shout Tongue
There was a cyclo cross rider at Gorrick before, it offends me as it was a mtb event so I will be giving these a miss....
I did a cyclo cross race years ago and turned up on a 32lb full sus marin. Got lots of funny looks and sneers. Then placed in the top 20.  Big Grin
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
&quot;treaclesponge&quot; Wrote:I did a cyclo cross race years ago and turned up on a 32lb full sus marin. Got lots of funny looks and sneers. Then placed in the top 20.  Big Grin
I got lots of funny looks racing at Fowlmead on my 36lb Enduro Big Grin Was very satisfying beating racing snakes on carbon HT's though Smile

Wish I lived a bit closer as I would be up for this. I'd imagine it will be quite a goon course from what I saw yesterday.