This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone able to help change bottom bracket?
yep i have splashed out on a race face xc chainset with BB.

I dont mind having a go at most things but i think the BB is something that i would need to see being done before im brave enough to do it myself for the first time.

I'm in no rush to get it sorted but boy am i looking forward to it Smile

ROB Smile
"roblade" Wrote:yep i have splashed out on a race face xc chainset with BB.

I dont mind having a go at most things but i think the BB is something that i would need to see being done before im brave enough to do it myself for the first time.

I'm in no rush to get it sorted but boy am i looking forward to it Smile

ROB Smile
Is it an internal or external BB? I have tools for both and will hapily do it for you if you are over this way any time after 5, or next time we are both on a ride you could come via my place and give me a lift Wink
bugger me that was quick LOL

will sort you out a fift no problem at all but remember i dont finish work till 5:30 and about 30 min drive to blean :'(

as for which bb is included i really have no idea, you would probably know a bit more from this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...K:MEWAX:IT

yes its ebay Smile and no not paying the askng price Smile thought it looked a good deal though Smile

ROB Smile
That's an external. What's the earliest you can get to Blean on a Wed? If you can get there 10 mins early I could do it before the ride. Prob only take me 10 mins max, and we don't normally start riding till nearly 7 anyway.
probably be able to get thre if i drive to work about 6:15ish Smile  sounds like plenty of time to get things sorted Smile

thanks for the offer andy Smile

ROB Smile

ps they do look nice and shiny Smile
"roblade" Wrote:probably be able to get thre if i drive to work about 6:15ish Smile  sounds like plenty of time to get things sorted Smile

thanks for the offer andy Smile

ROB Smile

ps they do look nice and shiny Smile
Sounds like a plan. One thing though, what condition is your chain in? If it is massively stretched then it will slip on the brand new rings as they won't mate together properly. Have a look at your cassette and compare the teeth on 1st gear compared to the smaller gears. Do they look any different?
casette and chaion should be good, was a new cassette and chain less than 500 miles ago Smile and you seen what my riding has been like so nothing too drastic Wink most of that is road miles with little gear changing Smile

ROB Smile

ps forgot to say was only the middle ring of the old chain set that was knackered big and grany were fine but was always on the big ring
"roblade" Wrote:casette and chaion should be good, was a new cassette and chain less than 500 miles ago Smile and you seen what my riding has been like so nothing too drastic Wink most of that is road miles with little gear changing Smile

ROB Smile

ps forgot to say was only the middle ring of the old chain set that was knackered big and grany were fine but was always on the big ring
Cool it'll be fine then.
Whats the worst that can happen if this is fitted wrong?

Andy might need you to just double check i have everything done up nice and snug, I had a go at doing it myself Smile found a video on youtube Smile its real;ly not as scary as i thought it would be Smile (then again its not been double checked yet or ridden yet LOL)

ROB Smile
Good work mate. I'll check it over for you tomorrow if you want.