This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ribble carbon bikes v boardman pro.
Anyone had any experiance of ribble road bikes?  Im looking for a new road bike, was going for the boardman carbon pro but am not keen on the 53/39 chainring, 50/34 is plenty for me.  You cant specify a change on the boardmans & Im not wanting to change it from new, ribble caught me eye, seen a few out & about & you can specify all the groupset etc online.

Any thoughts, figured someone here probably has one.
When I bought mine it came with a compac chainset. You thought about specialized ? I can get around 35% off frames and complete bikes. Other than that rubble are very good
Yeh I have a Boardman team carbon, looking to upgrade though, the team has a 50/34, but the pro is a 53/39, think that will kill me on the climbs.

Ill look at the spesh though, thanks for the offer.
I rode the mountains on my 53 in Mallorca and had no problems at all I'm no climber either. You will be fine on a 53.
Ribble was on my shortlist when I was looking... to the right spec it was a little more money than the Boardman and a little heavier...
You'll be fine with a 53/39 round these parts, with the relatively short climbs; e.g. Blackhouse Hill near Folkestone is doable on a standard.
I've got a Scott road bike and think they're really good, the CR range is Carbon, with frame weight around 900 grs.  You are looking at the right time as the 2011 stock should be released soon.  Bonthrone Bikes  have a Large for £1,700, that was originally £2,200, but I reckon you could pick one up for £1,500.  
The Focus CAYO range is really well specced and good value too.
You will be fine with a 53/39 mate, I run that on my roadie with a racing block on the rear and never have a problem with hills, used to race hill climbs on it in fact so given that your riding eclipses mine, you will be fine!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Interesting,   Its just that the compact seems ideal for me, climbing I like to keep a pretty high cadence as can stay in the saddle & also the kph is better for me.  Also on the flat I tend to sit in about 17 - 18th which is fine, hardly use 19th/20th though.

Tricky, I guess I need to try one.
Don't know if this helps but mine is 39/53 but with a 30 on the rear
Just checked out planet x bikes also, seem really good value for money, at least as good if not better than the boardman which is saying something.

Dont suppose anyone has experiance of those?