This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fort william new track for the weekend
Mad run at Fort William

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/fort-willia...-2010.html

Defo want to ride there at some point.
looks good a few new sections in 2nd half of top bit - hope they don't wear too much

the Glencoe run and uplift is also going now and not too far away

reckon Sunday's race mught be good for a SA rider with one of those funny full sussers with too much rear suspension or Peaty might give it a full go as a one off race
Thats completly ridiculous how long it is! I get bad pump in my left leg relating to my collar bone crash on 1 minute downhills let alone ones that rocky!!!!

Hope they get more cameras up there this year as last year it was mainly footage from the end bit which is smoothish big jumps, i want to see the rocks! Most they showed last year was the odd bit from a small camera or even worse, qualifying footage then swapping to live feed for the end!
That video shows perfectly what a difference it makes knowing the course. Some of the corners he really cut quite dramatically, not to mention the blind jumps.  :o
Holy crap that looks amazing :o  I still say to do that track at speed you need a proper DH bike though... some of those rocks, and massive drops into rock gardens :o  Yeah we have to do another Scotland trip soon!
"Treehugger" Wrote:Holy crap that looks amazing :o  I still say to do that track at speed you need a proper DH bike though... some of those rocks, and massive drops into rock gardens :o  Yeah we have to do another Scotland trip soon!

Defo to hit it at that speed but do able on our bikes but a bit slower.
new sections in track walk video - see all the bed rock sections

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirt-tv-fort-...rsday.html

Any predictions for Sunday -should get some long run times

1 Minaar
2 Peat
3 Gee Atherton
4 Fairclough
5 Hill

1 Rachael Atherton
2 Mosely
"mudhound" Wrote:new sections in track walk video - see all the bed rock sections

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirt-tv-fort-...rsday.html

Any predictions for Sunday -should get some long run times

1 Minaar
2 Peat
3 Gee Atherton
4 Fairclough
5 Hill

1 Rachael Atherton
2 Mosely

i think the same as you for the women and the men but in a different order.
Will this be on telly?
not live but Europsport 2 on Sunday seems to have Women DH at 4pm
mens DH at 6.30pm and fourcross after that

no Saturday progs - just loads of tennis