This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cable advice
Right as you may or may not know i have now got a gravity dropper seat post and its great, BUT the remote could be better.

I like the Joplin and Pure racing ones (the ODI grip one) but the cable stop has to go into the gravity dropper housing. Does anyone know if you can buy a double sided cable or a suitable cable stop to clamp on (not a ferrule as it wont be strong enough) as both of these remotes need the cable stop in their housing.

Cheers
Can you not get a small nut and bolt?
The round one here?

http://www.gokartsupply.com/thcable.htm
cheers guys.

Zombie Jack it still needs to be threaded through the remotes so needs to be stripped one end until tightening up   Undecided

Russ the problem with a nut and bolt is it will hang out of the end of the remote and look Sh!t negating the need for a new one.
Not familiar with its remote. Whats the problem with the current one, just old worn cable hence you want to replace with new? You can buy all the bits seperately, may have to come from America though. Leigh bought some of the internal plastic runners for my old one which I sold him
With the joplin remote you have to remove an little alan key nut before you can thread the cable through the lever, you might be able to use this nut to secure the cable to.

I personally dont like the odi lock clamp as you cant remove the lever easily when you want to put a normal post on.
"Buzz" Wrote:With the joplin remote you have to remove an little alan key nut before you can thread the cable through the lever, you might be able to use this nut to secure the cable to.

I personally dont like the odi lock clamp as you cant remove the lever easily when you want to put a normal post on.

True, didnt think about that. will try your spare one if thats still ok.