This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bedgebury Races
Looks like they are back for 2010. Did a couple of them last year, not massive turn outs but fun. They used the bit we all refer to as the race course alongside the initial fireroad and it loops round to a grass uphill then some more singletrack. Last year they alternated the direction so for one of my races I rode up the singletrack by the fireroad then down the grass hill  Undecided  if they do that again this year I will give those rounds a miss but I will get to the ones where its pointing down as they are fun Smile  Was similar price to Fowlmead to enter iirc

http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk/racing.html

26th June Go Ride and Seniors
17th July Go Ride and Interclub
31st July Go Ride and Seniors
14th Aug Go Ride and Seniors

Round 1 photos from last year http://www.complexdreams.com/pics/bikes/...e1-090509/
Thanks Breezer - might try to get along to one or two of these
Mereworth on 26th June, National XC on 17th July....will try and do the last two!
Whats on at mereworth?
Isnt 26th when Blackers is doing his tour of Mereworth ride?
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
So I went to the 1st of these last weekend.

The main idea of going tbh was that they do kids races & im trying to get my son involved in as much as possible bike activity.

A quick mention of the adult course - they have cut some new ST through the woods making the normal "race" course longer, its pretty rough but will settle with time.  Theres only 15 - 20 adults racing, its not timed etc but ok for an hour & a bits workout.

More inportantly for me was the kids race, its free for a start, all inclusive, lots of encouragement for them & at the end the 1st - 3rd place kids in each agegroup win £5, £3 & £2 respectively.  

Doesnt matter what you think of bedgebury, love it or hate it or somewhere inbetween, anyone who gives up time to sort these things out & get people out on bikes get a thumbs up from me.  OK its no SXC or Gorrick but every little helps.

I'll try & get back to more & would say if you have a junior that you think may enjoy it  - you should take them along.
Sounds good. I presume they did at least give you finishing positions? I will try and make the last two
17/18 July when next race is on theres a whole weekend of stuff, mentions an enduro race and skills stuff and all free except normal parking http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk/news.html
Racing on Saturday Derek?
Yeh, as long as its dry(ish)