This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote Access to Servers...
Right, Im at home, on the new laptop for work.

Ive been told to log my ID and box config to allow me to gain access to my work's servers.

Ive got those details.

Once they have them and "allow" my wireless box through, do they have access back at my system?

as if my main home PC on, could they gain access to that etc?

I dont want my collection of rare Eskimo Pr0n being stolen by a jealous hacker.  Tongue
Just dont do anywork and get fired .... its far to quiet without you on here Sad We need you back ben !!!! Big Grin

On topic though, Im guessing not ? Even if it was possible there must be some kind of privacy agreement that means your employer cant hack into your multiple albums of men in lycra !
Presume you are VPN'ing into their network via some sort of client, that will only setup a link between your laptop and their internal network. If they have remote access to your laptop via rdp, vnc etc then they could use it to get onto other machines on your lan if you have mapped drives etc or use it to then rdp into your others but unlikely you even have that turned on. Just make sure all your shares etc are passworded on your personal PC's and you should be fine

My frigging internet died as of last night, think its the router, bad timing as I have a load of penetration testing to do friday morning with Cisco ffs
"Breezer" Wrote:Presume you are VPN'ing into their network via some sort of client, that will only setup a link between your laptop and their internal network. If they have remote access to your laptop via rdp, vnc etc then they could use it to get onto other machines on your lan if you have mapped drives etc or use it to then rdp into your others but unlikely you even have that turned on. Just make sure all your shares etc are passworded on your personal PC's and you should be fine

My frigging internet died as of last night, think its the router, bad timing as I have a load of penetration testing to do friday morning with Cisco ffs

Nobody?  Come on people!!  Big Grin
"pittgoat" Wrote:Nobody?  Come on people!!  Big Grin

Yes Nick, you are right, nobody else will be involved Big Grin
"pittgoat" Wrote:Nobody?  Come on people!!  Big Grin

I think this is an instruction isnt it?.......  instead of Come on Keyboard.......
whilst waiting for the toaster to pop one day, an ex muttered to herself 'come on toast'.. Sadly she then had some lemon curd on it, turned out I had misread the signs but it was too late by then.
Keep it foolish...
Going to copy and paste the thanks for my post into a new document, print it out and frame it
in an honest answer.... I have a VPN icon on my xp desktop on the laptop.... this will give me access to my company drive and outlook.

I was told the net I will be usng is theirs, my own will be faster, so will only login to check emails or grab files then jump off again.

being a net business, I need fast net.