This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted
Pair of size 10 spd shoes, not really too fussed about the make or brand or anything, anyone got any they dont want or need anymore in relatively good nick??
Or can anyone point me in the direction of some cheap ones, Im not sold on the idea of SPD's but the size 11 or 12's or whatever they are that a friend has lent me are far too big, not looking to spend much at all, not a big fan of ebay either haha although if you want to post ebay links please do Tongue
like any shoes they are all different so you really need to try a few, activ have a good selection as does wildside, evans gatwick would be your best bet (combine it with a surrey hills ride).
Lidl or is it Aldi? often do cycling promotions and have cheap spd shoes for £15 or something
I have Lidl ones, cost me a tenner, Perfectly comfortable and great to see if you get on with spds.
Suprised I didnt think of that as I was in there not so long ago and they had a few bits and peices, great advice thanks dudes!! Dont feel like Im seeing the big picture without shoes that fit, Im a size 10 and these are like a 46 which I think is a 11 or 12, there isnt much movement because they are tied faily tightly but I guess it all needs to be nice and snug for me to appreciate them, by the way, any tips on adjusting the pedals? how does it all work?
"Matt Saunby" Wrote:Suprised I didnt think of that as I was in there not so long ago and they had a few bits and peices, great advice thanks dudes!! Dont feel like Im seeing the big picture without shoes that fit, Im a size 10 and these are like a 46 which I think is a 11 or 12, there isnt much movement because they are tied faily tightly but I guess it all needs to be nice and snug for me to appreciate them, by the way, any tips on adjusting the pedals? how does it all work?

TBH honest out of all shoes you can get away with cycling shoes being too big as they are usually done up nice & tight, so it's not too much trouble, however if they are miles too big it can mean that the cleat fixing point is too far forward for effective power transfer.

Go the Lidl route - stunning value, but try 'em on with thick socks as you'll need them come winter & in summer you have room for your feet to swell with the heat.
Just went to lidl and bought a pair of mens cycling shoes for £18.99 cha ching! Thanks for reminding me as I had seen them in there not long ago, didnt think they would still be there but hey presto, probably take them out for a try tonight Smile