This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: Forks (temporary)
It seems my forks on the Inbred have a few issues, so they've gotta go backt to be looked it.. I don't fancy riding the 5 to work so I need some replacement forks to tie me over while I send the Tora's back. Don't have a ruler where I am so can't measure steerer length but what do people have that I could borrow? If anything?

Cheers chaps!
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
I don't have anything unfortunately, but surely the 5 isn't that bad on the road that you can't commute on it for a week or so. I've done loads of road miles on the Enduro and not found it any more tiring than the Inbred. You could try swapping the tyres over and/or raising the fork and shock pressures if you don't have lock out or pro-peddle?
Give it a go john, I do a 17 mile road commute on my wolf ridge which weighs a tonne ! Does wonders for the fitness
It's not the riding it that's the problem, it's just there is no way in hell I'm leaving it locked up somewhere where I can't see it... Especially with the dodgy bastards that work at my place
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
I have no spare forks. I gave your old Toras to Abzz, which may be available short term.
If you're really stuck you can borrow my commuter for a few days.
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:It's not the riding it that's the problem, it's just there is no way in hell I'm leaving it locked up somewhere where I can't see it... Especially with the dodgy bastards that work at my place
Fair comment, i wont leave the Enduro locked up anywhere out of sight any more either, thats one of the reasons i built up the Inbred again.
"Tinc" Wrote:I have no spare forks. I gave your old Toras to Abzz, which may be available short term.
If you're really stuck you can borrow my commuter for a few days.

Yup I have Tinc's Toras for my rat bike build, but thats stalled a bit due to lack of funds so if OK with Tinc you are welcome to use them as a Tempoary measure. How can I get them to you?

Edit: Steerer length is 200mm
Cool cheers Abzz, I'll check the steerer length later and sort something out from there if it's long enough.