This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone ride trials/street in Ashford
hi all,

i wanna get back into trials/street riding after a long break and i tried riding the other day and was very rusty  :'( lol

but none of my mates who i used to ride with want to start back up again.

so does anyone on here ride Ashford?

would be good to start up again and have a good bunch to ride with Smile
Not that i know of im afraid mate, Hugh on here was at a competitive level with it but i dont think he even owns a trails bike anymore.
"Buzz" Wrote:Not that i know of im afraid mate, Hugh on here was at a competitive level with it but i dont think he even owns a trails bike anymore.

cheers will see if anyone else replys Smile
Hi,

Steve and I have been out on one or two street rides in Ashford. Not trials though, just jumping of stuff and riding steps. Ive nver tried trials as ive never had the proper bike. I don't think Ashford has much in the way of good stuff anyway?
Stour centre skate park, Victoria park... both seem to be local hang-outs... not sure what else there is out there as I stick to proper off-road or proper on-road...  would love to watch others pulling tricks though.
Vicky Park dont have much and the Stour Centre is full of kids on skates, board and scooters. Being over 30 I dont feel comfortable going there when its busy, especially with my low skill level. There are some fun steps around Kent House, the station and town centre.

Maidstone has a lot of good stuff as I used to sakte there when I was younger and ride BMX street there. This was at a time before every town had its own skate park. We built our own half pipe in Willesborough Rec and it was the most rickety, shoddly buld thing ever and the council ripped it down pretty quickly. We also has a jump box built in a empty wearhouse on the old railway work which lasted a bout 2 years before some idiot burnt it down!
"MudMonkey" Wrote:Stour centre skate park, Victoria park... both seem to be local hang-outs... not sure what else there is out there as I stick to proper off-road or proper on-road...  would love to watch others pulling tricks though.

yea i used to frequent those places but never seem to find any one now  :Smile

and there are other spots in Ashford its just a case of finding them.

trials/street riding seems to have fallen in numbers since a few years ago  Sad