This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spokes - Whats a fair price ?
Well im looking at having my rear wheel rebuilt and phoned around, most places want to charge £1 a spoke  :o so £32 plus labour of around £25-30 Surely that isnt right ?  
Tibbs cycles are pretty good - 63p per spoke for DT Swiss double butted and about a tenner for building. If you give them a call, ask to speak to chris.
Sounds like my kind of price Smile ! Thanks ill give em a buzz tomorrow, Tibbs is in Canterbury IIRC ?
can you not just buy the spokes cheap online somewhere and take them to the shop? That's what i've done previously
Ha ha ha Steve. Do I have to say it? Half that price for me
"redwinnie" Wrote:Ha ha ha Steve. Do I have to say it? Half that price for me

..but no frame to bolt to...
Whats this guy like as I have some spokes that need replacing.  I was going to use Harry Rowland however Canterbury is a lot easier for me to get to and back then Ramsgate.
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Russ paid 95p each in Nivarna cycles today.
Right ive decided to buy them online and pay someone to build them, My spokes measure 256mm with 12mm nipples, CRC sell them with 14mm nipples, Will i need to buy spokes 2mm shorter or longer ?
Anyone ? Or does anyone know where i can order spokes with 12mm nipples ?