This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bike for £1000
What would you get, i have a fsr xc comp at the moment and have the £1000 to get something new im looking for another mountain bike full suspension.
Depends a lot on the type of riding and whether weight or strength is of primary importance
Used for riding to and from work and around the country park thats about it really.  
"Kris" Wrote:Used for riding to and from work and around the country park thats about it really.  

A Hardtail would be much better for that type of riding and for a grand you could get a very good one.
http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtbfs/fs_team.html  may be a possibilty?

Whilst i'm not overly knowledgable on FS'ers atm, the boardmans seem to be well specced for the $ and what i've read is positive. Pretty sure a couple of people on here are running them too. When i decide to upgrade to a FS (which may be sooner that i originally planned to Tongue) i will definitely give them a look.
Will it seem strange going back to a hard tail after a full suspension bike
"matt" Wrote:http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtbfs/fs_team.html  may be a possibilty?

Whilst i'm not overly knowledgable on FS'ers atm, the boardmans seem to be well specced for the $ and what i've read is positive. Pretty sure a couple of people on here are running them too. When i decide to upgrade to a FS (which may be sooner that i originally planned to Tongue) i will definitely give them a look.

Will take a look cheers matt.
"Kris" Wrote:Will it seem strange going back to a hard tail after a full suspension bike

No it will be faster if you are just going to comute and ride country parks.

I have a Full Sus for more hardcore riding , but ride my hardtail for comute and country park style riding.
I guess i could keep the full suspension bike and look at a hard tail. so many bikes out there to choose from.
"Kris" Wrote:Will it seem strange going back to a hard tail after a full suspension bike

I ride both a hardtail and fs.  It definitely feels different but i love riding them both.  I'd definitely look at a hardtail for that kind of riding.  You can get good ones for well less than your budget too!