This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for all the surfer doods
Ok, surfer doods....
Do you all lube?  Do you use a specific brand or just use beeswax?

I'm looking for zip lube for my tent but I think tent brands are overcharging.

So, anyone use it?  Anyone got any I can borrow/buy?
Ive used bees wax before, but if you wash you suit out properly the zip shouldnt get stuck, mines gets stuck alot  Smile
Never used any kind of wax... If a zip gets stuck WD40 normally frees it. On occasion i have been stuck in remote places and used butter from a restaurant. But thats a cure rather than a preventative measure.

Of course it probably doesn't do the suit much good, but neither does pi$$Ing in it and leaving it in a plastic tub for weeks on end festering...
:X
I always used paraffin wax as it lasts much longer, had no problems on both wetsuits and drysuits. A 500g block will cost you around £5 and last years.
zip lube for a tent? rub a pencil on the zip, i do it to my jeans for faster access, damn button flies still slowed me down though so had to only use every second button, it's draughty but needs must when the devil rides...
Keep it foolish...
"alkali" Wrote:zip lube for a tent? rub a pencil on the zip, i do it to my jeans for faster access, damn button flies still slowed me down though so had to only use every second button, it's draughty but needs must when the devil rides...

Big Grin