This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday 23rd June 6.45pm at Blean
So after missing last week for Fowlmead its back to the usual on a Wednesday night for me.  6.45pm, Oaks Park (as per the sticky thread).  Looking forward to it and might ride from Sandwich again if my calf strain improves in the next couple of days
Should be good for this one, and can pick that stuff up.
Fingers crossed, I hope to be there.
Warning!Trail repairs.Its possible that i will attempt to repair my damaged trail on Wed afternoon.Its the double ditch section near to the footpath that runs down to Harbledown village hall.I'm going to dig out the drainage pipes and relay them and cover with gravel/reclaim tarmac.If i don't finish it i may block the trail depending on far i get with the reconstruction.
I see in the pine tree section that several trees have orange paint stripes on them,i fear that there likely for the chop with possible loss of trail.
Think I know the one you mean, we never go down towards Harbledown on Wednesday's though. The pine tree Section, is that the really twisty, rooty one that ends with a big dip onto the fire road where the goat field is? Hope not, that's still my favorite trail in Blean.
Yes,paint on pines before main fire road,the KT built trail.The KT trail leads onto my trail where i will be doing repairs.
Not sure where you mean but understand if you don't want to post clear directions up online.  Guys how come we don't usually ride this other trail??
I noticed the paint on the trees last Wed.   :'(
Defo gonna be some cutting there, I reckon. Sad  Oh well, as long as the butterflys are happy, eh :Smile

EDIT:  forgot to say, I'll be there...
Not got a huge amount of time after work this week so I can't manage much more than an hour or so here and there - no sketchy debut for me this week  :'(.

I'm in Lower Harbledown though, I'm guessing the village hall is St Mary's in Upper Harbledown? Is there an easyish to follow bit of trail from there up to around New Rd that I might be able to find and follow on my own without blundering into the RSPB reserve or paintballing place?
"impished" Wrote:I noticed the paint on the trees last Wed.   :'(
Defo gonna be some cutting there, I reckon. Sad  Oh well, as long as the butterflys are happy, eh :Smile

EDIT:  forgot to say, I'll be there...

Dear Impished

Please could you fix it for me to replace my chainset on my singlespeed bike.  I only need the parts but in this financial climate relying on unwanted hand downs seems to be the only way

Yours sincerely,

Nicholas from Canterbury

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />